The best Rolex i have ever worn
https://www.watchtime.com/featured/a-ful...a-dweller/

I recently got the Rolex sea dweller single red 2017 model, and i have to agree with the above review of this watch. I have owned about 30 different Subs and Dwellers over time, and it would be a understatement to say i admire these watches. 40 mm or 43mm-44mm, the debate goes on and on about modern Rolex watches.

It is in my opinion a foolish debate, people
should buy the size watch that they want. But no escaping the fact that many 40mm watches look like a pea on a drum when worn by big men with big wrists. So this justifies the Rolex decision to make a 43mm watch in my opinion. I am not a big person but i do have quite big wrists, so i have been waiting for this model for a long long time. I have owned 2 Deep sea models, but i found them to thick and out of balance on the wrist. This was also a problem with the old 40mm dweller models, they tend to flop around on the wrist. I have read many reviews about the 43mm dweller, and see no reason to go into details about the watch, they have all been written a thousand times.

But there is one thing nearly all of the reviews forget to mention, and that is the superb balance this watch has on the wrist. I have never worn such a large watch that just seems to disappear on the wrist. I honestly forget i am wearing a watch, so good is the balance between the case and the bracelet on this Rolex. I do not know if Rolex intended to work to achieve this or it is just a coincidence. You can wear this thing a bit loose on the wrist and it still does not flop around like most other watches
would do.

Also there has been some debate about the cyclops. Well lets face the real facts for once. Rolex would have put the cyclops on the first Sea Dwellers if they could, but did not have the technology to stop the water pressure from ripping it off at the time. The cyclops is the true DNA of their dive watches, and even a member of Joe public would recognize a Rolex because of this little detail.

The debate about the size of watches is never ending, just like the evolution of
people. We seem to get taller with every generation and the proof is that 50 years ago the average size of a mans watch was 35-36 mm. Times change and Rolex have always been very clever about not following trends, but prefer to look at the reality of the people they appeal to.

So to sum it up. A 40 mm dive watch is just to small for many buyers today. But having said that, 40mm watches will not be going out of fashion for many years to come Icon_smil 

Another interesting little detail about the
2017 single red is the fact it does not have the crown between the swiss made on the dial.And many consider the 2017 model to be the true 50 years jubileum model that Rolex advertised when launching this model.All models after 2017 have the crown.I paid more than list price for my watch,
but no problem because the price keeps going up.

I am very happy with this Rolex,because it is in my opinion a watch that is complete in every way.I am normally a very critical person concerning watches,and i can find
fault with almost any watch.But this one has got me stumped,i just cannot fault it in any way.
- Jeg er engelsk - bor i Danmark, forstår dansk - men foretrækker at skrive på engelsk Icon_smil
[-]
  • doxa300, Larsb, MichaelA, PHO
Svar
Tillykke med det! Fedt ur, top kvalitet!

-via iPhone
--
"Bare ét ur til, så er samlingen komplet!"

[-]
  • willy
Svar
It's a very nice watch. I just wish they had made it without the cyclops.
BR
Klaus
Mvh Klaus
[-]
  • MichaelA
Svar
Icon_smil Icon_smil Icon_smil  Yes Klaus, i have owned several without the cyclops and it does give the watch a cleaner look. But i think it does make the date easier to read
and i think that is why Rolex have always used it.
- Jeg er engelsk - bor i Danmark, forstår dansk - men foretrækker at skrive på engelsk Icon_smil
Svar
Stort tillykke - det er et superflot ur, som står meget højt på min ønskeliste. Jeg kan virkelig godt lide historien, den røde skrift, glidelock (som jeg savner på Explorer II og SkyD) og specielt størrelsen er perfekt for mig. 43mm og 50mm lug to lug. Det eneste der bekymrer mig en smule er højden. Jeg har fundet ud af, at jeg er mest til knap så høje ure, men omvendt kan man jo vende sig til meget :-)
Svar
Klart også blandt de ure fra Rolex jeg gerne så på min arm. Og mht. cyklopen så er jeg fan, for så ville jeg kunne jeg se datoen. Det kniber på mit nye Seamaster ;-)

Tillykke med det Willy og rart at se du er lidt aktiv herinde igen.
[-]
  • millan renatus
Svar
(19-04-2020, 01:42 PM)onkeldunkel Skrev: Stort tillykke - det er et superflot ur, som står meget højt på min ønskeliste. Jeg kan virkelig godt lide historien, den røde skrift, glidelock (som jeg savner på Explorer II og SkyD) og specielt størrelsen er perfekt for mig. 43mm og 50mm lug to lug. Det eneste der bekymrer mig en smule er højden. Jeg har fundet ud af, at jeg er mest til knap så høje ure, men omvendt kan man jo vende sig til meget :-)

Thank you.It is not so high and wears 100% better than any of the newer Tudor models
i have tried.You really have to put this one on to appreciate the balance this watch has.
Also the way the lugs flow into the bracelet is better than any of the other modern Rolex
dive watches in my opinion.I think that Rolex will change the horrible lugs of the Subs in
future models.

(19-04-2020, 02:11 PM)KimT Skrev: Klart også blandt de ure fra Rolex jeg gerne så på min arm. Og mht. cyklopen så er jeg fan, for så ville jeg kunne jeg se datoen. Det kniber på mit nye Seamaster ;-)

Tillykke med det Willy og rart at se du er lidt aktiv herinde igen.
Thank you Kim  Icon_smil .But to be honest your Seamaster beats this one in the looks
department. So even though you cannot see the date,you must console yourself
with this. Was it a famous French designer who said ,one must suffer for beauty?  Icon_smil
[-]
  • MichaelA
Svar
Pissefedt ur. 

Havde jeg råd, så købte jeg et i morgen.
Mvh Kim 
[-]
  • willy
Svar
100% enig - de nye Tudor jeg har prøvet har alle været alt for høje - på trods af, at jeg faktisk synes de laver nogle rigtig lækre ure. Jeg håber også Rolex ændrer hornene på Sub - de er for store i forhold til lænken, så også helt enig her. Det lyder godt med højden - 126600 er lige rykket et par pladser op på min (laaaaange) ønskeliste :-)
Citat:Thank you.It is not so high and wears 100% better than any of the newer Tudor models
i have tried.You really have to put this one on to appreciate the balance this watch has.
Also the way the lugs flow into the bracelet is better than any of the other modern Rolex
dive watches in my opinion.I think that Rolex will change the horrible lugs of the Subs in
future models.
[-]
  • willy
Svar
Jeg vil gøre det kort, men du kender også min mening i forvejen!  Icon_blink 

Det er det fedeste ur, som Rolex har lanceret i mange år!
(Eneste nyere Rolex der for mig kommer i nærheden af, det er Milgauss GV med blå skive)

Der er ikke mange(0) aspekter af det, som jeg ikke er fan af - bortset fra prisen selvfølgelig....  Icon_sign

I bund og grund så er det nok fordi uret i princippet ligner og føles som en stor Submariner, hvilket jeg er stor fan af!!

Som vi har snakket om, så har jeg selv samme ur i G/S - altså ref. 126603 - VIRKELIG en fed klokke!  Icon_Up

Mine is a keeper - if Yours is not, You know where to place it!  Icon_blink Icon_blink
-------------------------------------
Ure? - Lidt af hvert vel....
[-]
  • Stensbjerg, willy
Svar

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)