Hyldest til den berømte Mark 11
En specialudgave af den seneste Mark XVIII skal hylde det mest berømte pilotur Mark 11. Jeg tillader mig at citere fra pressemeddelelsen:
July 2017 – IWC Schaffhausen is launching a special version of the Pilot’s Watch Mark XVIII featuring the original design of the historic Pilot’s Watch Mark 11. In reference to the year in which the firstİmageİmage Mark 11 was produced, this special edition is limited to 1,948 watches.
The Pilot’s Watch Mark XVIII Edition “Tribute to Mark XI” (Ref. IW327007) incorporates aspects of the iconic design of the historic Mark 11. The small rectangles at “3, 6, 9 and 12 o’clock” and the hands are coated with lumines- cent material to ensure optimal legibility, even at night. The model differs from the Mark XVIII from the current collection in that the indices are thinner and the triangular index at “12 o’clock” is not anked by two dots. Like the original from 1948, the functional sports watch is worn on a green textile strap, also known as a Nato strap. A soft-iron cage protects the automatic calibre from magnetic fields and the sapphire glass is secured against sudden drops in pressure in the cockpit.
The Pilot’s Watch Mark 11 with a black dial and luminescent white Arabic numerals was produced in Schaffhausen from 1948 until the early 1980s. It was primarily supplied to the Royal Air Force but was also used by other Commonwealth armed forces. In 1994, a subsequent civilian model – the Mark XII – started the enduring tradition of Mark Pilot’s Watches, which have long since been among the most popular watches manufactured by IWC Schaffhausen.
This special edition will be available exclusively from Harrods in London for three months starting in July 2017. After this, it will be available for purchase in all IWC boutiques and authorized retailers.
Prisen bliver 4790 € eller ca. 35.000 Dkr.
Til sammenligning vedhæfter jeg et billede af min originale Mark 11.
JKİmage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Svar
Det er meget flot!
Dit mener jeg!! Især..
Det originale er såvidt jeg kan læse mig til med manuelt optræk. Hvorfor laver de ikke en tribute med manuelt værk,? Og uden Automatik på skiven. Og uden dato?

Mvh Jens
Svar
Tak, Jens. Du har helt ret i, at den oprindelige Mark 11 har håndoptræk. Der sidder jo den berømte cal. 89 i. Jeg vil tro, at mange købere i vore dage vil have automatik og dato. Endelig har man Mark XVIII ved hånden. Den skal man blot sætte en anden skive på og gravere lidt på bagsiden.
JK
Svar
mon ikke der er liiidt forskel i størrelsen?
se datorudens placering på det nye remake Icon_lol  lille motor i stor kasse - - -
Svar
Velkommen til Bjørn H. Værket i det nye ur er et cal 35111, som bruges i en lang række IWC ure. Også en del på 36 mm, så der er altså plads til værket i en noget mindre kasse. Den originale Mark 11 er 36mm. Tribute modellen er 40 mm.
JK
Svar

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)