What to consider when buying a watch on a limited budget
All new brands have to start somewhere,and they deserve a fair crack of the whip.My point is that most of them are not really watch brands.And when sales begin to go down,and they close shop,they will leave many buyers in the soup.I have read many horror stories about the service of these brands.Most of them will disapear just as quickly as they started.I am all for supporting new real watch brands.But i will not support marketing companys,who are only in it for a quick buck.Agreed there is a small underground market for these watches,and they can sometimes be sold again.But do not try to tell me that dealers are interested in them,because they are definitley not.It is ok for people to buy what they like,it is after all their money Icon_smil My point was that i would never recomend one of them to a new guy,who asked about buying maybe his or her first watch.Watchseek by the way,is just a marketing blogg,just like many other watch sites.Do not believe all that you read about watches on such sites,because they are just another extension of watch marketing.Just like Time Zone,that is owned by people who sell watches.

And if any of these brands want any recognition or respect.Then i suggest they buy a factory,and get some real watchmakers to make them some watches.I am not saying you cannot be happy or satisfied by owning one of these watches.That is up to the individual.I just think that new guys have a right to hear both sides of the story.

(16-05-2015, 11:19 PM)Claus Tukjær Skrev: MikroMærker taber ikke mere end andre mærker. En del af dem sælges tæt på nypriserne igen. Men det er korrekt at der kun er en dansk brugtsurhandler der tager dem i bytte. Ikke kun på andre mikromærker men også på Omega og Breitling ure.
Take any micro brand you like .And put it up against any real brand like say Omega-Longines-Seiko Prospex-Citizen-Oris etc etc.You cannot seriously believe they can keep the same values?
- Jeg er engelsk - bor i Danmark, forstår dansk - men foretrækker at skrive på engelsk Icon_smil
Svar

Beskeder i denne tråd
RE: What to consider when buying a watch on a limited budget - af willy - 17-05-2015, 09:11 AM

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 4 gæst(er)