10-02-2010, 12:56 PM
willy Skrev:It does really not matter so much.A lot of watch nerds go so much into this minor problem.If it is a problem? No two watches are the same.You can buy a patek for 500,000 and a rolex for 50,000.And it is just chance on which one is more precise.You can oil and adjust to the end of your days.My advice unless a mechanical watch gains or loses more than ten seconds a day,leave it alone. willy
Thanks for your replay and opinion on the subject and advice not to adjust if accuracy is within +/- 10 sec a day.
What I fancy about this forum though is that users have interest in different area of the horological world but mostly that we accept different areas of interest.
I really admire when a person understand another users interest on a subject and are able to take part in a discussion or understand the fascination (All though he/she not have the same interest on the subject.)
I find precision interesting from a mechanic point of view. I'm fascinated by the mechanic accuracy and the work there has been put in to make a movement which can hold time precise. (This fascination might have been what led to the invention of the quartz movement ??? )
But I fully respect that other doesn't have the same interest in mechanic watches and there are lots of other factors which a watch or movement can be measured by.

![[-]](https://urdebatten.dk/images/collapse.png)