Sinn EZM 9 Testaf stands alone.
This is a review of my new watch http://www.ablogtowatch.com/sinn-ezm9-testaf-watch/

There are several reviews about this watch on the net,so i see no point in just adding to the number.Instead i would like to explain why in my opinion,it is the best all round Tool watch in existence you can buy today.

Do not buy this watch if beauty means more than function in your world.Not that it is a ugly watch,but there is not much bling in a titanium watch.But if you want a watch that you can wear during any activity known to mankind,without any worries,then this is the watch for you.

The titanium tegmentation process used by Sinn is quite unbelievable.You can actually bang this watch on a door edge,and make a mark on the door without marking the watch.I just tried this,and it just confirms the stories i have heard about these Sinn watches.

The workmanship on the case details is nothing less than outstanding,even Rolex do not beat this.The case is made of grade 5 titanium with Sinns tegmentation treatment,and it is a smooth finish unlike the strap that is bead blasted titanium also with tegment.Details like a screwed on bezel and saphire number ring,are typical details for a brand that leave nothing for chance.The bezel just cannot fall off by knocking it on any object,unlike most dive watches.And the saphire inset on the bezel ring allows Sinn to give light to the numbers on it.

This watch is rated to a dive depth of 200 meters.Not bad for a Pilot watch!The Testaf certificate that comes with these Sinn watches is not just a sales gimmick.These are the first pilot watches ever that have really earned the right to use the name, Pilot watch.

Visability in any light is just incredible.And this is without having to shine a bloody torch on it.But if you do shine a torch on it,you could read a book with the light it gives out.

Wearing this 44mm watch is pure pleasure,because i forget i am wearing a watch.It is very very light and nothing about the case or bracelet rubs or irritates me.

If you read the specifications of this watch,i think many would agree that you have to go a long way to find a production watch made today,that can do what this Sinn can.I have owned many watches in my search for my ideal.And after many years of searching,i have to admit the perfect watch is not to be found.This Sinn is not as beautifull to look at as my sons Omega 300m or many other watches i have owned.But it beats every watch i have ever owned in terms of pure function.I considered buying the chronograph big brother to my watch EZM10,but the extra hight and service cost put me off it,and the fact that i have no use for anything that clutters up my dial.

The caliber inside is a Sinn tweaked Sellita 200 ETA copy.It is a reliable beast,with low service costs,and access to spare parts for ever.Just what you need in a Tool watch.

I would recomend this watch to anyone who is worried about getting scatches or nicks on their high priced toys.Sinn should actually have a new slogan.

RELAX!  WEAR A SINN.

PS.Links to Sinn Specs.http://www.sinn.de/en/Modell/EZM_9_TESTAF.htm
http://www.sinn.de/en/Technology_Glossar...hnikabc_97
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f7/introduc...23008.html
- Jeg er engelsk - bor i Danmark, forstår dansk - men foretrækker at skrive på engelsk Icon_smil
Svar
Tak for dit indlæg Willy.
Man kan jo tydeligt læse, at det er et ur du er vældig tilfreds med. Så for at få lidt debat igang, er der så slet ikke noget du kan se forbedret? Jeg hæfter mig ved at der Anti refleks coatning på begge sider af glasset, har ofte hørt at det ikke holder, og da slet ikke på et tool ur. Jeg er selv vild med det, og foretrækker det til hver en tid, jeg har en Omega PO cal. 8500 og havde en PO cal. 2500, og har ikke haft problemer.
Det jeg godt kan godt lide ved dit Sinn, er det rene sort hvide look skiven og viserne har, bort set fra sekund viseren altså, men det gør nu ikke noget. Kan jeg så gå hen og falde for et ur som dit, må svaret være ja, men der er selvfølgelig også andre lignende der kan friste, her tænker jeg på Tudor Pelagos.
Mvh. PHO
Svar
(17-04-2016, 07:01 PM)PHO Skrev: Tak for dit indlæg Willy.
Man kan jo tydeligt læse, at det er et ur du er vældig tilfreds med. Så for at få lidt debat igang, er der så slet ikke noget du kan se forbedret? Jeg hæfter mig ved at der Anti refleks coatning på begge sider af glasset, har ofte hørt at det ikke holder, og da slet ikke på et tool ur. Jeg er selv vild med det, og foretrækker det til hver en tid, jeg har en Omega PO cal. 8500 og havde en PO cal. 2500, og har ikke haft problemer.
Det jeg godt kan godt lide ved dit Sinn, er det rene sort hvide look skiven og viserne har, bort set fra sekund viseren altså, men det gør nu ikke noget. Kan jeg så gå hen og falde for et ur som dit, må svaret være ja, men der er selvfølgelig også andre lignende der kan friste, her tænker jeg på Tudor Pelagos.
I am always honest when i review a watch,and if i could find a fault with it i would say so.Anti reflex coating does work,especially when Sinn do it.They have worked to make it last longer and better than other brands,and you can read this on one of the links i posted.I would not compare any Omega or Tudor watch with a Sinn.They are not in the same tool watch class as a Sinn.I regard them as more coffee bar design tool watches.Not to say they are bad watches,because they are most definintely not.I think that you should not try to compair a brand who mostly think about function,with brands like Omega-Rolex-Tudor-etc etc.Sinn have their own unique way of making watches,and it is this i respect.Just take a good hard look at the specifications of Sinn watches in general,and then take a look at your own watch,and you will see what i mean.Nothing is perfect,and Sinn are no exception to this rule.I would like them to use gas tube lumination for example,like Bell or Marathon.
But one thing you can be sure of is this.Sinn will continue to develop their watches,so that they function in the best possible way for the people who use them.I do not think you can give me the names of many other brands who think in this way.
- Jeg er engelsk - bor i Danmark, forstår dansk - men foretrækker at skrive på engelsk Icon_smil
Svar
Hvis jeg skulle sammenligne Sinn med et andet urmærke ville det være Damasko. Du siger at Sinn laver grimme funktionelle ure, så forskellen mellem Sinn og Damasko er måske bare at Damasko laver pæne funktionelle ure...

Udover at Sinn vist er lidt mere en rising star, er der stor forskel på de to mærker?
[-]
  • whoa
Svar
Damasko lavede kasserne til Sinn tidligere, og Damasko er hærdet hele stålet hvor Sinn bruger ubåds stål som så har fået en hærdet overflade!
Damasko bruger samme stål og "tech" i alle deres modeller hvor Sinn har et par forskellige, blandt andet 556 som mangler alt det "fede" ved Sinn! Samme gør 356 og 103 modellerne.
Så tager man begge mærkers entry modeller og sammenligner, så ligger de stort set lige i pris, men man får væsentligt mere hos damasko !
Men man går sku vist ikke galt med nogle af mærkerne, bare man er opmærksom på at ikke alle Sinn modeller har deres tech, samt man kan vælge om feks lænken også skal være hærdet!

Sent using rock, paper scissor!
[-]
  • tg
Svar
Hej Willy

Tillykke med et super fedt ur. Det er alt det bedste fra Sinn kogt ned i et ur. Om det på sigt opnår samme (for Sinn entusiaster ) kultstatus som U1, 142 el. EZM1 vil tiden vise. Jeg synes, at det har potentialet til det.
Selvom 44mm er til den store side for mig personligt, så gætter jeg på, at højden på kun 12mm og den flade bagkasse gør uret meget behageligt at have på.

Der må snart stables et "tysker" GTG på benene Icon_Up

M.v.h. Thomas
Svar
(18-04-2016, 07:26 AM)TH Skrev: Hej Willy

Tillykke med et super fedt ur. Det er alt det bedste fra Sinn kogt ned i et ur. Om det på sigt opnår samme (for Sinn entusiaster ) kultstatus som U1, 142 el. EZM1 vil tiden vise. Jeg synes, at det har potentialet til det.
Selvom 44mm er til den store side for mig personligt, så gætter jeg på, at højden på kun 12mm og den flade bagkasse gør uret meget behageligt at have på.

Der må snart stables et "tysker" GTG på benene  Icon_Up

M.v.h. Thomas
Thank you Thomas.Its a normal production model,but it is selling really well.I saw that several dealers in the USA could not get enough of them.Its just nice to see that the Swiss are not the only ones who make good watches.But to be honest i always believed that if the Germans went big time into the watch industry,the swiss would have serious competition.I like the approach they have in making watches,the Swiss have become selv satisfied and the price of their watches has become to high in my opinion.I just wish that the English would build a new watch industry,they have contributed with some of the greatest inovations in the industry,and have great traditions for making watches.Competition is healthy,and for to long we have been fed the same watches from Rolex-Omega.Brietling etc etc.But these brands like many others have just rested on past achievments.And it is so nice to see them finally getting a wake up call from brands like Sinn,who at this time beat them all hands down.
Svar

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)