Casio The King Of Cheap Watches
If i asked all the watch nerds in the world,if they owned or have ever owned a Casio watch.I think the majority would answer yes.Casio were founded in 1946.They are a multi national company,that make calculators-phones-music instruments-watches etc etc.But of course it is their watches that interest us,especially models like the G-Shock-Pathfinders-Pro Trek.

Only a few watch sites review their watches,or give them the respect they deserve.They gave people with limited means,access to watches that are cheap and just as reliable as watches that cost thousands.The G-Shock has been dropped out of a 13 story window,onto a concerete pavement,just to demonstate how tough it is.When the going gets really tough,just strap on the trusty G-Shock.I cannot remember reading about any quality complaints about them.I personally have owned Protrek and G-shock models.I have 4 G-shocks left today,and i use them all.

Now i know many watch nerds will not often mention the humble quartz Casio they have in their collection.This is a pity because in my book the G-Shock is one of the greatest watches ever made,and it deserves a place in the watch worlds hall of fame.Imagine if this watch was made in the Swiss alps,its status would be a bit higher,i think.

If i made a list of the most iconic watches ever.The G-shock would be up there with the Subs and Speedys of this world.I have read many of these lists about watches that created a trend,or changed the watch industry.None of them up to now mention the Casio G-shock.This tells me all i need to know about the people who make such lists.When they can totaly ignore a watch that is more popular than a Rolex sub or Oyster .And maybe even more well known.

It does not matter if it is a quartz or mechanical watch.It is the whole package that must be judged. It is, and will always be one of my favorite watches.
- Jeg er engelsk - bor i Danmark, forstår dansk - men foretrækker at skrive på engelsk Icon_smil
[-]
  • runzuk5
Svar
Elsker G-Shock  Icon_party
Mvh Kim 
Svar
Også mig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Svar
Jeg er også glad for Casio.
På dette billede ses de fleste af mine.
De er alle WR 200m, undtagen det lille F-91W, som dog også kan holde til en del og ikke mindst holde tiden meget præcist for under kr. 100.
De to "dykkerure" har skruekrone og -bagkasse og har kostet under kr. 400.
Mit "drømme" G-Shock er GW-5000-1JF, som også har skruebagkasse.
Og så referenceværket som jeg plejer at stille de andre efter:
/
Kristen
Svar

Jeg fandt mit gamle casio frem fra en skuffevefter et visit hos de gamle, det tikker stadigt selvom det har ligget stille i min. 10 år stadig med det oprindelige batteri. Fandt så også ud af at jeg i sin tid havde sat stopuret i gang... Det kører stadigvæk
Svar

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)