Brand of the week corum
Founded in 1955 by Gaston Ries and Renee Banwart Corum are a brand that go from one extreme to another .

Watches with prices from ca. 20000 DKK to watches that cost 11,000,000 DKK . They are not a caliber manufacturer as such , but they work together with some of the finest craftsman in the industry to create many of their watches . Vincent Calabrese is maybe the most well known for his creation of the famous Golden Bridge model . This watch has 4 saphire sides that allow a unresticted view of the movement that seems to float in space .

Other well know watches are .

The Coin watch is made out of a genuine USA gold dollar coin , it is still avaliable today . Calibers are Mechanical or Quartz

Admiral cup models have a unique design made for people intrested in sailing . These models go from modified ETA calibers to Tourbillon

Romulus models are in the lower price range and use modified ETA calibers .

Artisan watches are true masterpieces . Made by individual craftsman that decorate the dials with pictures of Animals or scenery etc etc .

Bubble watches are very unusual and a lot of fun . Many of the rarer models are already collector items .

The Tourbillon Billionaire is a orgy of a watch encrusted with emeralds and diamonds , and is one of the most expensive watches in the world

Today Corum is owned by a man called Severin Wunderman who seems to carry on the tradition of doing something different .

I cannot make up my mind about this brand . I like them for daring to be different . And i dislike them because i think their bread and butter models just cost to much . They are in my opinion more design than serious watchmaking . But i would not say no to a Golden Bridge model .

What do you think ? Willy
- Jeg er engelsk - bor i Danmark, forstår dansk - men foretrækker at skrive på engelsk Icon_smil
Svar

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)