Thin and the Rolex Batman.Both very nice watches in their respective
fields.But one watch has been bugging me to try it out,after all the 
great reviews written about it.

The Glashutte Panorama Sea Q and it is the first watch
i have owned from this brand.Many reviews have been written with all
the details about this watch,so i will not bore you with a repeat of these
reviews.I will just try to give you my impressions of how the watch is
compaired to other watches i have owned.So here i will give you a link
to the watch that describes the work that went into making it.
https://www.ablogtowatch.com/glashutte-o...rocedures/

My first impression was,that it is a fairly big watch,but i was surprised
at how well it wears on my wrist.The long curved lugs have a lot to do with this.
It wears better than the Rolex  Sea Dweller 43 mm i owned,and my overall impression
is that the finishing and workmanship of the case and bracelet is in a much higher
class.This surprised me,because Rolex cases and bracelets are a byword for
quality and finish.But the Sea Q case is the equal of the Rolex but the bracelet
beats the Rolex hands down.It is made so that you can remove every link on it
by just turning each screw 90 degrees.It is not unlike the IWC bracelets that for
many years were considered the best in the swiss watch industry.And if you top
this off,with the best micro adjust i have ever seen on a watch,then this is in
my opinion the best bracelet i have ever used.But i do not like the polished center
links,that give it to much bling in my opinion.So the first thing i did was order the
material strap with the Glashutte deployment on it.

The workmanship on the dial is exceptional and i do like the colour
of the dial and the way it catches the light.Quality wise it is the equal of any Rolex.
And i must say that the crown functions and size beat any Rolex i have tried.It is
just so smooth.Many times with Rolex getting into the second click with the crown
to adjust the date,is just hit or miss.The Sea Q has no such problem,it shows a attention
to the small details,and is typical of many German watches compaired to their Swiss
counterparts.This watch is an absolute pleasure to wind and adjust,the best i have
ever tried.

Everybody knows by now that the calibers in the Rolex sports watches,
if we ignore the Daytona ,are poorly finished and utilarian.They are made to be reliable,
easy to service and strong.And nobody does this better in the industry.
                 I cannot say that the caliber in the Sea Q is stronger than the Rolex one,
or as easy to service.But there can be no doubt that the workmanship and finish is
miles ahead of anything Rolex have to offer.
                           So this caliber is there to see in all its glory through the glass
caseback.It is a very nice caliber to look at,maybe not Lange standard but much better
than what is normally seen in a watch like this.
                       I would say the only real competitor to this watch is the Blancpain
fifty fathoms,that also has the history to go with it.The Sea Q is based on a old
Glashutte dive watch,but it is in reality the new kid on the block,and only time will tell
if it can cement a image in the minds of watch buyers.

I think it is a dress diver just like every Rolex -Omega etc etc dive
watch made today.Rolex prices have reached ridiculous levels today,and most of them
should cost the half of what you pay for them.For a stainless steel dive watch with
a caliber that costs a few hundred dollars,Rolex prices are obscene and you are
paying a huge premium for the prestige name.

If you want something that costs less than most Rolex divers,and is
without a doubt much better made,then you could consider the Sea Q.
                          i doubt very much that it will be a better investment than a Rolex.'
But you can save a lot of money,and in my opinion wear a much better made watch,
if you can forget about the name on the dial.

I would like to add something that all the reviews i have read,
have forgotten about this watch.The triangle minute hand,that some do not like,
is there for a purpose.It is so that the triangle on the hand can line up with the
triangle on the bezel,thus making it very easy to read when diving.But i doubt
many will use this watch for diving. Icon_smil
- Jeg er engelsk - bor i Danmark, forstår dansk - men foretrækker at skrive på engelsk Icon_smil
Svar
STORT tillykke ven
Et af de fedeste luksus divere
Der er landet på markedet i nyere tid imv.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk
Yoshikazu Akahane. 28/+50.
[-]
  • willy
Svar
Tillykke !! En virkelig flot diver som man ikke finder på ethvert håndled ! Icon_Up Icon_party
/Peter

"The darkest places in Hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis" - Dante Alighieri, "Divine Comedy"
[-]
  • willy
Svar
Stort tillykke Willy.

Jeg går selv og sværme om det samme ur eller dens bror Seventies Chronograph.

Jeg var inde og kigge på nedenstående og SeaQ den anden dag. En ting som jeg undrede mit lidt over var at de kostede stort set det samme hvis man valgte nedenstående på rem fremfor lænke.

Igen tillykke, jeg er sikker på det vil bringe dig glæde, og smil på læben :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-]
  • willy
Svar
(29-10-2021, 08:32 AM)ultoman Skrev: Stort tillykke Willy.

Jeg går selv og sværme om det samme ur eller dens bror Seventies Chronograph.

Jeg var inde og kigge på nedenstående og SeaQ den anden dag. En ting som jeg undrede mit lidt over var at de kostede stort set det samme hvis man valgte nedenstående på rem fremfor lænke.

Igen tillykke, jeg er sikker på det vil bringe dig glæde, og smil på læben :)

Thank you very much.I have ordered the material stap with deployment from Glashutte
for my watch.The bracelet is incredibly well made,but it is a bit to much bling for me.I have 
never liked polished center links on most watches.This is only the second Glashutte watch
i have had in my possession.The new 36 caliber is about the smoothest caliber i have
ever tried.The winding and crown function is in another world,and 100 hours power
reserve is very handy.I think the only modern diver you can compare this to is the
Blancpain fifty fathoms,Rolex or Omega do not even come close to the quality of this watch.
I have never had the smaller version in my hands,but after reading many reviews
about it,i do not think you can go wrong with a caliber like this inside it.
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-gl...green-dial
- Jeg er engelsk - bor i Danmark, forstår dansk - men foretrækker at skrive på engelsk Icon_smil
Svar
Stort tillykke med et fedt GO!
Har kigget lidt på det her i weekenden, virkelig mange fede detaljer især omkring låsen.
Jeg vil give dig ret i de blank polerede midter led på lænken er NO go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Med venlig hilsen

Henrik Graae Visse

Mine ure er til låns, indtil en anden skal overtage dem!
[-]
  • willy
Svar
(31-10-2021, 06:35 PM)HG Skrev: Stort tillykke med et fedt GO!
Har kigget lidt på det her i weekenden, virkelig mange fede detaljer især omkring låsen.
Jeg vil give dig ret i de blank polerede midter led på lænken er NO go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Henrik.I will never understand why ,even Rolex polish the middle
links on a so called sports watch.It is believe it or not the most comfortable
watch i have ever worn,and that is amazing for such a big watch.
Svar
Hi Willy

Så fik jeg skudt mig ind på mit næste ur. Unboxede dette SeaQ med grøn skive for et par timer siden.
Glad for igen at have et GOİmage

Svar
Fedt GO i den rette størrelse, tillykke Icon_flag
Svar
(27-04-2022, 07:02 PM)ultoman Skrev: Hi Willy

Så fik jeg skudt mig ind på mit næste ur. Unboxede dette SeaQ med grøn skive for et par timer siden.
Glad for igen at have et GOİmage

Lækkert lækkert. Havde lænken været fuldt ud børstet, købte jeg også et - dog med sort skive.
Svar

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)