Panerai pam 118 review.
I have owned a few Panerai watches in the past. I never bought one to be a keeper, but i have always liked the design, that is unique. A pam is instantly recognised, even the thousands of fakes that have been made. It is a easy watch to copy. The original models and pre vendome watches are getting very hard to find for a reasonable price today. I wanted a simple hand wound model, without any of the bling of a massive polished case. My choice was the 118 in titanium with a chronometer Unitas 6497 caliber inside it. This caliber called the OPX1 by Panerai has a swan neck regulator, a longer power reserve and quite a bit of inhouse finishing done to the basic caliber. Not up to Dornbluth standards  Icon_smil but okay for the price in my opinion. This model is becoming quite rare only three for sale on Chrono 24, the last time i looked. It was not a limited edition, but not many were made, maybe only 700. Not the reason i bought it, but i think these Panerai models with the Unitas calibers will become collector items in the future. In my opinion they look better in the glass caseback than most of the modern inhouse Panerai calibers.

My first surprise when i strapped it on was how light this watch is. It is in fact lighter than a Submariner, at about 115 grams.I t is a very comfortable watch, that seems to disappear on the wrist. At 44mm wide and 15mm thick this is exceptional in my book. A beautiful brown simple dial with the small seconds dial to let you know it is working round off what is a simple under the radar everyday watch. And i never thought i would say that about a Panerai. My 43mm Rolex single red is pure bling compared to this watch. I must admit i was in doubt about how i would get on with a hand winder. It has been quite a few years since i owned one. But i actually quite 
enjoy winding this little beast, i give it about 40-50 turns everyday and it keeps good time up to now. Another surprise was how unmarked the case is, i expected quite a few small scratches on a grade two titanium watch of this age. It is from 2003. But the case looks nearly new, maybe it has not been worn a lot, i do not know.I was thinking of getting the Pam 390 a watch i really like the look of, but it is going to take some doing to get me to sell this watch now i have worn it. A very nice surprise just before Xmas, thank you Panerai  Icon_smil

- Jeg er engelsk - bor i Danmark, forstår dansk - men foretrækker at skrive på engelsk Icon_smil
Svar
Megafedt.

Et Panerai i titanium er bare lækkert.

Stort tillykke  Icon_not
Mvh Kim 
[-]
  • willy
Svar
Thank you,i must admit i was surprised by this watch. Icon_smil
- Jeg er engelsk - bor i Danmark, forstår dansk - men foretrækker at skrive på engelsk Icon_smil
Svar
Det fik mig til at savne mit gamle 176
[-]
  • pbr, willy
Svar
Det var sgu et dejligt ur !! 

Men jeg savner mit  IWC 3536 titanium endnu mere ............ bare et bevis på, at man skal være forsigtig med spontane byttehandler til GTG  Icon_e_biggrin1
/Peter

"The darkest places in Hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis" - Dante Alighieri, "Divine Comedy"
Svar
Det er rigtigt, men af erfaring bliver man klog
Svar
(13-12-2020, 04:18 PM)pbr Skrev: Men jeg savner mit  IWC 3536 titanium endnu mere ...

I miss my IWC 3536 as well,a truly great watch in my opinion.
[-]
  • pbr
Svar
(13-12-2020, 04:35 PM)KimT Skrev: Det er rigtigt, men af erfaring bliver man klog

...........men sjældent rig !
/Peter

"The darkest places in Hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis" - Dante Alighieri, "Divine Comedy"
Svar
Tillykke med det nye ur! Icon_flag
[-]
  • willy
Svar
Thank you Michael Icon_smil
Svar

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)