Rado Captain Cook 42mm review
https://deployant.com/review-rado-captai...automatic/
The watch i am reviewing and giving my own personal take on,is the green
dial version.The last picture in the above review catches the look of the watch
perfectly.
             This is one of the few watches i have ever bought without having tried
the watch or seen it in real life.Having worn it for about a month i have a better idea
about what this beautiful watch is about.
It can in no way be described has a tool watch in my opinion,it is to elegant and highly
polished for this,just like many other so called dive watches from brands like Rolex
and Omega etc etc.I would describe it has a all round watch for dress that can be used
for diving.Indeed the lume on it is better than on my Rolex single red 43mm!
I wish the swiss would bloody wake up and either manufacture better lume material
or buy it from Citizen or Rolex.So for a swiss watch this is surprisingly good lume on
the Captain Cook.
                        The case work is on a par with anything by Omega with a superb
finish all the way round.Likewise the beads of rice bracelet,that does not come with
any micro adjustment.I think the least you can expect for a modern watch bracelet
today,is the chance to make the bloody thing fit your wrist! But okay they are not
alone in this respect.I wear mine on a Erika strap,and the bracelet could be adjusted
to fit me luckily.
                             The area where this watch really shines is the dial.It catches the
light in a way that very few watches i have ever seen can do.It is i think to do with
the sloped ceramic bezel and the domed sapphire glass.It really is amazing how this
watch throws light.The dial is not over burdened with a load of information,it is
simple and very very well done,because it is very eligible in any kind of light.No see 
through case back here thank god.Unless a watch has got a top finished high end
caliber,then glass back cases are a waste of space for me.This one has a nice engraved
steel back case,and it looks quite good to my eyes.The hands look like they were 
inspired by Seiko,and this is a good thing.In fact i think they went one better than
Seiko here.The hour hand is the big arrow,this makes it so easy to read in any
light,where on many Japanese watches the minute hand is the big one.I like
the Rado solution more.The little anchor that twirls around is just a gimmick i just
never notice.
                        Inside the watch is a ETA C07.611 movement used in many watches
in the Swatch group.It has a 80 hour power reserve,and up to now keeps excellent time.
i have only had to wind it once ,when i took it out of the box.The winding experience is
not the buttery smooth feeling you get when winding most other watches.This i think is
to do with the high power reserve of this caliber.I have read about no problems with
these modern calibers,they are made of high tech materials that only a huge company
like Swatch have access to.It is nice to see that many brands in the lower price segment
can offer watches with a better power reserve than many so called high end brands.
                         Is this watch a keeper for me? The answer is no.It would not be
worn very often i am afraid.I wear my Rolex for going out and special occasions.
And it would be a pity to use a beautiful watch like this one for fishing or cutting
the grass etc etc.I prefer a watch like a Sinn-Seiko-Citizen for rough use.This watch
has history,and is a kind of remake of the Rado Captain Cook from 1962.It is made 
by a brand who were using ceramic in watches before anyone else in the industry.
So this watch and the brand deserve a bit of respect in my opinion.Anyone wanting
a very good looking wristwatch with a lot of quality built into it,could do a lot worse
than this one.It does not look like all the other divers out there,just like the Omega
300m does not.This is no mean feat,in a world where so many dive watches look
so much like one another.And i must mention the Fifty Fathoms in this respect.
The Captain Cook is 42 mm,but it wears much bigger in my opinion,but at 12mm
thick it is a watch in harmony on the wrist.
                          I paid just under 13000 Kroner for it,and that is a very good price
for a watch that can compete in any way with many watches costing 3-4 times as much.
And the dial alone is worth the price in my opinion,it is seriously beautiful.
Very rare i get a watch i cannot find more faults with,it irritates me a bit Icon_smil
- Jeg er engelsk - bor i Danmark, forstår dansk - men foretrækker at skrive på engelsk Icon_smil
Svar
Tak for review.

Billeder vil være meget rart i en anmeldelse.

Linieafstand og opdeling af anmeldelsen ville være skønt.

Som det er pt er det ret svært at læse....

Blot et godt råd

Mvh Kim 
Svar
But you did understand it i hope Icon_smil Icon_smil Icon_smil
- Jeg er engelsk - bor i Danmark, forstår dansk - men foretrækker at skrive på engelsk Icon_smil
[-]
  • Avantismo, doxa300
Svar
Thank you for the review, Willy
[-]
  • willy
Svar
(14-09-2020, 04:47 PM)willy Skrev: But you did understand it i hope Icon_smil  Icon_smil  Icon_smil

Yes, but it a bloody nightmare to read when you dont make any line sections.
Mvh Kim 
[-]
  • willy
Svar
Try reading Albert Camus  Icon_smil Icon_smil
[-]
  • millan renatus
Svar
Or Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. In that book he almost refuse to use a comma
[-]
  • willy
Svar
Yes, we are learning that judging very intelligent people has got nothing to do with grammar or keeping
to the rules.But still we have some people who think that keeping to the rules is more important
than content. Icon_smil
PS. Blood Meridian is the work of a genius, by a man who dares to move boundaries in literature.
Svar
Jeg overvejer den nye Breitling 57 men kan godt se at Rado giver noget mere valuta for pengene ( også selvom man kan finde den til 21.000 kr på chrono24 istedet for vejl uds som vist er omkring 33.500 kr ). Begge har eta værk - men Rado har skrue krone. Svært at gennemskue om finish på de to ure matcher. På gang reserven er Rado også noget bedre.
[-]
  • willy
Svar
The finish is just as good on the Rado.Worth remembering the Rado is 42mm but wears
big in my opinion because of the thinner bezel.The thing that sets the Rado apart from
most watches is the colour and light reflection on the dial,it is special.
Svar

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)