Rolex Explorer II
Hey allesammen? Icon_e_biggrin1
Jeg står og overvejer at bruge et sted mellem 25.000 og 30.000 kroner på et Rolex Explorer II 16570...  Icon_drool 
Men jeg tænker lidt på om det, da det er udgået af produktion, er et ur, der vil stige i værdi. Icon_e_biggrin1
Og om der er forskel på "sjældenheden" på den hvide og sorte model (Skive)  Icon_not
Mvh.
Søren  Icon_blink
Svar
(10-01-2018, 10:42 PM)Soeren.Westerdahl Skrev: Hey allesammen? Icon_e_biggrin1
Jeg står og overvejer at bruge et sted mellem 25.000 og 30.000 kroner på et Rolex Explorer II 16570...  Icon_drool 
Men jeg tænker lidt på om det, da det er udgået af produktion, er et ur, der vil stige i værdi. Icon_e_biggrin1
Og om der er forskel på "sjældenheden" på den hvide og sorte model (Skive)  Icon_not
Mvh.
Søren  Icon_blink
The 16570 is a classic Rolex model,that tends to fly a bit under the radar,when talking about
Rolex watches.It is in my opinion one of the best all round watches ever made,and deserves
a lot more credit than it gets.There are a lot of them for sale,so its not a rare watch.But you can
expect them to hold there price with a moderate increase in the coming years.The 16550
transitional model is fairly rare and prices have increased quite a lot for these models,but
they are outside your present budget.If i was you,i would go after a unpolished watch
with Box and certificate from a reputable dealer.I have owned several of these watches
with white and black dials,and in my opinion the black dial is the most legible especially
in bad lighting conditions.But you should choose the one you like.The white dial versions
seem to be the more common ones,if you look on the net.My opinion is that in years to come
the black dial watches will increase in price more than the white dials because they seem
to be a bit rarer.I recently traded my 16570 in for another watch to Thomas from Chrono,
and as far as i know it is still for sale.Its in superb condition and keeps perfect time.
You cannot go wrong by buying this watch,so good luck in your search.
http://www.chrono.dk/produkter/ure/rolex...orer-ii-45
- Jeg er engelsk - bor i Danmark, forstår dansk - men foretrækker at skrive på engelsk Icon_smil
Svar
Thank you very much for the reply Icon_e_biggrin1 
I think i like the black dial version better too...
You wrote in your reply, that i should go for an unpolished one. My question is how much it will cost me to get it polished, and is it worth it to buy one a little cheaper, to then get it polished? And is it like hairlines, or deeper scratches that can be polished away??? Icon_blink 
I must say that your watch is very intriguing, and that it is in mint condition. But its unfortunately way over my budget. (only 16 years old so...  Icon_party )
Svar
(11-01-2018, 03:10 PM)Soeren.Westerdahl Skrev: Thank you very much for the reply Icon_e_biggrin1 
I think i like the black dial version better too...
You wrote in your reply, that i should go for an unpolished one. My question is how much it will cost me to get it polished, and is it worth it to buy one a little cheaper, to then get it polished? And is it like hairlines, or deeper scratches that can be polished away??? Icon_blink 
I must say that your watch is very intriguing, and that it is in mint condition. But its unfortunately way over my budget. (only 16 years old so...  Icon_party )
Everytime a watch is polished you remove metal.A unpolished watch is what most
collectors go after,especially on vintage camfered Rolex cases.But in this case a
light polish is nothing you should worry about.Do not worry about hairlines or
light scratches,they can be polished out if you want a pristine looking watch.Do
not buy a watch with deeper hacks in the case,these cannot be removed.
Look for a watch that has been looked after and if you can box and certificate.
Personally i would only use a authorised Rolex dealer to polish my Rolex watch.
They have new machines that do a very professional job.But to get your watch
serviced or repaired there are many competent watch makers that can do this
at a lower cost than a Rolex dealer.Take a look on Chrono 24,there are many for
sale within your budget.When you find a watch you like,ask people on this site
to give you a opinion on the watch and the dealer who is selling it.Take your
time,there are plenty to choose from.And ask the dealer to send you some
close up pictures of the watch case and bracelet.Do not worry about asking
what you think are silly questions.There are no silly questions for someone
who is new to the world of watches.You did the absolutly wisest thing by
asking on this site before buying your watch Icon_smil
- Jeg er engelsk - bor i Danmark, forstår dansk - men foretrækker at skrive på engelsk Icon_smil
Svar
Thank you very much, for your so very fine reply Icon_e_biggrin1 Icon_e_biggrin1 Icon_e_biggrin1
I will continue my search "for happines" Icon_lol 
And when i find thé watch, i will definitely contact you and this awesome site!!! Icon_e_biggrin1
Svar
Velkommen tilbage, Willy!

/Bjørn
[-]
  • Larsb
Svar
Kan kun gentage "welcome back Willy" og til Søren. Lyt trygt til willy's råd.
Og hvis jeg var dig ville jeg se om jeg kunne skrabe de sidste meter sammen til hans gamle ur.
Bær det med glæde og nyd at du har en klassiker. Og hvis du rejser meget vil du nyde muligheden for at stille timeviseren individuelt uden at det påvirker indstillingen af minut og sekund.
Svar
Good to hear from you Willy and welcome back !

Regards John
Mvh. John - nu under det sorte flag*.
(*Jolly Roger, ikke IS !  Icon_blink )
Svar
(11-01-2018, 10:35 PM)bjorn_e58 Skrev: Velkommen tilbage, Willy!

/Bjørn
Thank you Bjørn Icon_smil

(12-01-2018, 08:15 AM)TioMalo Skrev: Good to hear from you Willy and welcome back !

Regards John
Thank you John,its always nice to help someone get a good watch Icon_smil

(12-01-2018, 04:04 AM)doxa300 Skrev: Kan kun gentage "welcome back Willy" og til Søren. Lyt trygt til willy's råd.
Og hvis jeg var dig ville jeg se om jeg kunne skrabe de sidste meter sammen til hans gamle ur.
Bær det med glæde og nyd at du har en klassiker. Og hvis du rejser meget vil du nyde muligheden for at stille timeviseren individuelt uden at det påvirker indstillingen af minut og sekund.
Thank you Icon_smil
[-]
  • keldw, Larsb
Svar

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)